Help and advice about forced marriage
How to get help – the Police
• You can report Forced Marriage in the following ways:
• By calling 101
• In person at your local police station
Remember to always call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger.
How to get help – children
If you are worried about a child or teenager who might be at risk of harm or in danger:
• In an emergency call 999
• Otherwise contact the Single Point of Advice (SPOA) team:
Phone: 01323 464222
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
How to get help – adults
If you are concerned that you or someone you know about may be being abused, neglected or exploited, contact Adult Social Care.
• If the person is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999.
• Otherwise Phone: 0345 60 80 191, 8am to 8pm 7 days a week including bank holidays.
How to get help – national
Freephone 0800 5999247
Karma Nirvana is a UK registered charity that supports victims and survivors of Forced Marriage and Honour Based Abuse.
Forced Marriage Unit
020 7008 0151
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office provides information about forced marriage and can intervene to make you safe.